Laphroaig Triple Wood
This expression of our famous whisky, from the remote island of Islay in the Western Isles of Scotland, has enjoyed a triple maturation in 3 types of cask. Just as with our standard Quarter Cask expression, the first maturation is in American oak, ex-Bourbon Barrels. We then select the most suitable of these barrels, containing a range of different aged spirit and transfer into small 19th Century style Quarter Casks for a second maturation. The final maturation is in specially selected, large European oak, Oloroso Sherry Casks.
It is bottled at 48% ABV and is non-chill filtered for a depth of taste and texture.
- 2013 Beverage Tasting Institute (BTI) – Gold Medal
- 2013 SF World Spirits Competition – Gold Medal
- 2013 International Spirits Challenge – Silver Medal
- 2013 International Wine & Spirit Competition – Silver Medal
- 2012 San Francisco World Spirits Challenge
- Silver Medal, Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch, Triple Wood